BOOK V. OF THE REVENUE OF THE SOVEREIGN OR COMMONWEALTH
CHAPTER I. OF THE EXPENSES OF THE SOVEREIGN OR COMMONWEALTH.<
- PART I. Of the Expense of Defence.
- PART II. Of the Expense of Justice
PART III. Of the Expense of public Works and public Institutions.
- ARTICLE I.—Of the public Works and Institutions for facilitating the Commerce of the Society.
- ART. II.—Of the Expense of the Institution for the Education of Youth.
- Art. III.—Of the Expense of the Institutions for the Instruction of People of all Ages.
CHAPTER II. OF THE SOURCES OF THE GENERAL OR PUBLIC REVENUE OF THE SOCIETY.<
- PART I. Of the Funds, or Sources, of Revenue, which may peculiarly belong to the Sovereign or Commonwealth.
PART II. Of Taxes.
- ARTICLE I.—Taxes upon Rent—Taxes upon the Rent of Land.
- ARTICLE II.—Taxes upon Profit, or upon the Revenue arising from Stock.
- APPENDIX TO ARTICLES I. AND II.—Taxes upon the Capital Value of Lands, Houses, and Stock.
- ARTICLE III.—Taxes upon the Wages of Labour.
- ARTICLE IV.—Taxes which it is intended should fall indifferently upon every different Species of Revenue.
- CHAPTER III. OF PUBLIC DEBTS.<