The goal of this course is to present the money, its evolution and the theory that explains its influence in the economy.
At the end of this course, the student will be able:
- To summarize the most important phases of the evolution of the money in Québec, Canada and over the world,
- To define the official money in Canada and to distinguish between the different forms of money,
- To explain the process of the creation and the multiplication of the money via the credit,
- To apply the supply and demand model to the money and
- To discuss the quantitative theory of the money.
Since the beginning of the human history, money have always been at the center of major decisions. The first world leaders made themselves well known while putting their figure on their money. Recently, the modern Nations-States had printed on their notes their most national historical figures. Even if gold is no more money in itself, it keeps its special attraction for many investers. Numismatism joins together the real lovers of money and the economists, keynesian or monetarist, keep discussing on its use while knowing its major importance.