In the Fall 2008 term, I have been teaching at the Royal Miltary College (RMC) of St.Jean. I've been teaching the basic economic course according to the College Program in Québec.
I have been teaching to two of these groups in French the same that I have done during my carreer at Sherbrooke. But I also have to teach in English for two groups in the RMC. As for the teaching material, I had to choose two different reference books, but for the research reports, I was able to follow my usual pedagogy.
I had three periods per week with my students. Two periods were in the classroom, with classical teaching and exams. The other period was in a computer assisted laboratory. This was the time for my student to begin their research and to ask for my help.
I had a very specific procedure for this lab. Each student had to give back eight reports, six having a noted evaluation counting for 40% of the final result. The details are included here.<
Finally, each student had been sending to me, using email, during the third month of the term (before week 12) a research report on a Word file, I made a first, second, third... evaluation and at the end, a final evaluation of the report.
Most of these reports have a great value. I'm editing them here. Two remarks now:
- First, they are student officer in a military college. So their subjects are much related to this fact and to their interests related to this fact.
- Second, these reports were given back to me in november 2008. So, many things had happenned on these subjects; don't be too critical!
Here are these research reports, some biejng in this book, others elsewhere on my website:
- Your research<
- The Airline Industry<
- 4 Continents Restaurant<
- The Movie Industry<
- Oil Depletion<
- The Subprime Mortgage Crisis<
- Problems of Today<
- Tourism Industry<
- Childcare Services<
- The 2008 War in South Ossetia<
- An Energy Greener Canada<
- Creating a Flight Training School<